Sunday 3 June 2012

KATIE HARPER



TODAY I AM CUDDLED UP ON THE SOFA WITH THE GLAMOROUS KATIE HARPER, WHO IS SCOFFING ALL THE GOOD BISCUITS - APPARENTLY THE NEW ADDITION TO THE HARPER CLAN SHE'S BUSY COOKING, HAS EXPENSIVE TASTES... PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR BISCUIT THIEVERY.

ANYHOO... SHE IS HERE TO DISCUSS TWO THINGS CLOSE TO MY HEART... KATIE HERSELF AND HER NEW RELEASE, NEVER SAY JUST, AND THE WINCHESTERS - TAKE IT AWAY HARPER!


Why Supernatural is the Best Thing on TV

Lisa and I have a few things in common. We have kids, we enjoy a laugh, and we’d do pretty much anything for the Winchesters. Supernatural is the best show on TV because of Sam and Dean Winchester. Who wouldn’t want a funny, strong, sexy man who can kill demons and werewolves. And there are two of them!! I have compiled a list of their most desirable traits, but do you really need a list? Just look at them!

1.      They are funny as hell! Dean’s one liners could fuel a Vegas comedy act for years.  In season two episode 13, Houses of the Holy (props on the bitchin rock reference), Sam and Dean are discussing angels.

Sam: Dean, there's ten times as much lore about angels as there is about anything else we've ever hunted.
Dean: You know what, there's a ton of lore on unicorns too. In fact, I hear that they ride on silver moonbeams, and that they shoot rainbows out of their ass!

Season one episode 16, Shadow, referring to Meg, a demon Sam hooked up with.

Dean to Sam:"Next time you wanna get laid, find a girl that’s not so buckets-of-crazy, huh?"

Season two episode one, a reaper is trying to claim Dean’s soul. He’s not down with that.

Dean: I think I'll pass on the seventy two virgins, thanks. I'm not that into prude chicks anyway.

And here are a few completely out of context. Enjoy!

Dean:"I think I learned a valuable lesson: Always take down your Christmas decorations after New Year's, or you might get filleted by a hooker from God". 

Dean: “Save room for dessert, Tiny. Hey, I wanted to ask you, because I couldn't help but notice you are two tons of fun. Just curious, is it like a thyroid problem? Or is that just some deep-seated self-esteem issue? Because you know, they're just doughnuts. They're not love." 

Dean:“Brother, I have been re-hymenated and the dude will not abide.” 


2.      They can kill anything. I come from a family who likes to kill stuff. Deer, elk, pheasant, grouse, annoying children, if it has a pulse, we like making it stop. Now, before you start yelling at me for killing Bambi think for just a minute. That compressed chicken product you’re using to shovel buckets of delicious sweet n’ sour sauce down your gullet used to be a live chicken. You know, before the machine separation started.

Sam and Dean can exterminate the monsters under your bed and the ghosts in your closet. And look sexy doing it. I’d like to see a little more sweat and a lot more skin during the next slaying next time. It could go like this. Sam and Dean have tracked the demon to an abandoned warehouse (abandoned warehouses are to demons what the Bunny Ranch is to Dean). The middle of the summer in Las Vegas (because that’s where I live and I’d really, really love to be saved from a demon bent on eating my heart from my chest by these two before I die) is sweltering so it seems natural that Sam and Dean would ditch the shirts….and pants. Naturally (because I don’t think they’re capable of operating a washing machine) they run commando.  They find the demon in the basement where I am terrified and tied to an altar surrounded by candles (next time you write the blog post you can cast yourself as the damsel or dude in distress) Dean produces a knife and lodges the dagger in the demon’s chest sending him back to hell where he belongs. He picks me up and carries me out of the warehouse where the three of us have wild monkey sex on the hood of the Impala. What?!? It could totally happen.

3.      They look like this.

To be honest I had no idea what this show was about. I started watching because I needed something to drool over. It took a few episodes for me to realize that they were hunting monsters. With faces like this, do you really blame me?







And bodies like this?

 



You’re welcome.  Even their “I’m too serious for you” face is sexy!!


Seriously, you’re lucky I even had the sound on.



(Author Bio)

Katie Harper started writing when two people showed up in her head and wouldn't leave until she told their story. They had a party, invited a few friends over. Now she spends her days doing the bidding of imaginary people. She lives in a city made for sin on the edge of a desert with her husband, daughter, no pets and enough lemon bundt cake to feed a refugee camp.

Her novel, Never Say Just, will be available June 19 through Decadent Publishing



2 comments:

  1. Awesome interview and I am waiting on pins and needles for this book to be out already. :) You rocked this ladies but of course, I shouldn't be surprised. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me over Lisa!! And I steal biscuits even when I'm not pregnant. I used to be in a program, but they kicked me out

    ReplyDelete