Wednesday 24 July 2013

Crazy Love, Hallelujah, Vision, Journey - they all lead to JASON MANNS!

Some of you may know the name, some of you may not. If you're a Supernatural fan, you definitely will, because his song, Vision, was featured in Season 4 of the show and he's a personal friend of Jensen's. Hell, that particular association may even be the reason you look up Jason's music in the first place - but it's not what'll keep you coming back - trust me, I speak from experience!

I am a huge fan of Jason's (and no, you at the back, it's nothing to do with the size of my arse). His voice and music touches you deeply and I challenge anyone to listen to him and not fall in love with his work.

I first met Jason at Asylum 3 in 2009 and was blown away by the music from his first studio album, Vision,
the title track of which is my favourite Jason song and the lyrics of which I have tattooed on my back.

Over the last four years I've seen him live numerous times, become his FB friend and relentlessly bugged him for a picture of his guitar, Lucy, so I could complete a special project. A project he seemed to like, subsequently signed and shows to everyone in the pub when I'm at his gigs. I'm sure my bra-strap wasn't on his brother Matt's bucket list, but he saw it all the same. And here he is signing said project at Asylum 6.




Vision was followed by Hallelujah: The Acoustic Album. And if you've never heard Jason's version of Hallelujah, you are in for a treat. The emotion his voice wrings out of the song is indescribable and it is by far my favourite version of the song, EVER! But don't just take my word for it, check it out yourself! This live youtube clip is of Jason singing Hallelujah in Bonn, Germany in 2010.



So... after Hallelujah we waited patiently for the next studio album, Soul,
which did not disappoint with beautiful songs such as the title track, Real World, He'll Walk Away and Never Let You Go. 

And now, his latest release, Move which I purchased last night in fact (because I have been remiss in keeping up with anything but scribbling stories for you all to read. It's okay, I apologised... he was cool about it... he knows I stalk him whenever possible so he's fine). Absolutely gorgeous, it's been playing over and over on my iTunes ever since and I urge you to go buy it, right this minute, if not sooner!

Not only is Jason a wonderful singer/songwriter, he's a really nice bloke - so listen to his music, click on the links to buy his albums over at his website Jason Manns and if you get the chance, go to one of his gigs - you won't regret it!

Oh, and he hugs better than Jensen and Jared combined... don't worry, they agreed when I told them ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment