Saturday 19 August 2017

THINGS PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT LOOKING FOR JESSE!



Martha Esposito: "I am not much on writing reviews but I will say I really enjoyed this book. Great job Lisa" 


LeeAnnP: "It seems as though I have been waiting forever for this book to come out. When the author first let us see a snippet I was hooked. The concept was both frightening in what happens and intriguing, since I couldn't wait to see how it all worked itself out. When I started reading this 5 hours ago, I kind of knew what to expect. But as the story unfolded and more and more was revealed I found my self speed reading. Hoping what I thought would happen could be right. One thing I did not see coming, but when it did, I thought it was perfect. So much going on in this story. So many secondary characters that I enjoyed getting to meet. I enjoyed every page, every sentence, every word! Cannot say enough good things about the main characters, what they went through and how they were at the end. Wonderfully written. Captured my attention straight off and by the time I was done, I had huge crushes on Nick and Ford as well as Jesse and Danny."


DiverseReader: "I first fell in love with Lisa Worrall with her Laurel Heights books. She brought such a depth to her mysteries that left you with that lingering haunted feeling. When I saw the synopsis for Looking for Jesse I knew she was taking us back to that feeling and I wasn’t wrong.

As a mother, reading books that involve children in a dark way affects me hard. I knew going in what I was dealing with but still you’re never really prepared, are you?

Jesse, as you can guess, is kidnapped when he goes to a Christmas village with his father. Pretty much every parent’s nightmare. And a year later he’s still missing. Yeah, I know… A whole year. The horrors he endures are beyond words. And my heart broke throughout this entire story.

It’s told through multiple POV’s. Nick, (the dad) Jesse, even the kidnapper! That was very interesting. And it was rough to read, each passing word but I was invested. I had to see Jesse get home. As I read on I realized it wasn’t just Jesse who needed to get home and then the race was on. Time was a huge factor in this story and I didn’t put the book down once. I couldn’t leave these characters in limbo.

Lisa Worrall writes suspense in a way that you feel it in your bones and it lingers like an unforgettable frostbite. You will not be able to stop until the end and even after that it will stay with you."


New England Girl: "I read this story in one sitting. I had to. I had to find out if Jesse would be found! If Danny would be found! What happened? How? Why? I had to know now!" 


BUY LINK: Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment