Tuesday 11 October 2016

Time for a new me!

Well, when I say new me, I mean different me.

I'll still be me, just better packaged.

I'm getting married in eight months and I've made a couple of life-changing decisions of late:-

1) I have gone back onto the Cambridge Weight Plan and have lost half a stone in two weeks. It'll be a long road, but I feel I'm finally at a point in my life where I can do this - for me. Not for my fiance, not for my children, not because society tells me I should - but for me. I know I have a good man in my life who loves me for who I am, not for the size of my bum, and that when my children look at me they just see Mum - but loving yourself is the most important thing and right now I can't say I do.

2) The other decision is something I've struggled with for a long time. When you're a parent you're constantly telling your kids to wash their hands and clean their teeth. I got the hand washing thing down pat, but taking care of my teeth is something I wouldn't get a gold star in. (I had a terrifying experience at the hands of a cruel dentist many years ago and it was ten years inbetween visits because I was so scared). They've bothered me for a long time, are discolored and some are loose but, as the wedding approaches, the thought of having my photo taken over and over again is kind of taking the shine off my bauble if you know what I mean. I've even found myself starting to cover my mouth when I talk, smiling close-mouthed, and even trying to avoid situations where I have to interact with other people because of how my teeth make me feel.

So, after a long talk with my new dentist (a lovely young lady called Anu) next Monday I am having my front bottom four teeth out and replaced with a denture. It wasn't exactly how I envisioned my life going at this point but I've pulled up my big girl knickers and made the decision with the backing of my wonderful family.

Hopefully - in a few weeks, I'll be able to smile again!

6 comments:

  1. You go!! Do what makes you feel good. Hugs
    Do it only for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! My name is also Lisa Worrall! I googled my name and your interesting little website came up. Lol. My middle name is Leigh so it's so strange to me that is the name of the place you live! So weird! I also aspire to be a writer! It's kind of blowing my mind lol. :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How amazing lol. What a small world it is :)

      Delete