Monday 3 March 2014

I wonder if Eric Kripke really knows what he did....

It might be a bit of a shocker for some of you, but I think it's safe to say that most of you know I'm a die hard fan of the show, Supernatural. I've been there since the beginning and I'll be there 'til the end, that much I know.

But as I watched this week's episode, I suddenly thought to myself, does Eric Kripke, the show's creator, really know what he did when he had the first germ of an idea for the show? I don't think he does, and I'm sure it's different for everyone, but I'd like to tell you what he and the generosity of his actors have done for me.

They've brought me three women who I will cherish as my sisters for the rest of my life. They've brought me friends I would never have had the opportunity to meet if it weren't for this show and the conventions that have spun off from it. Friends from around the world who have come together with one thing in common, but then developed into friendships that will stand the test of time.

We lost one of our brightest stars in the Supernatural fandom recently. Our friend Dee. She was one of the most genuinely beautiful souls I've ever met. Kind, generous, friendly to all and one of the best huggers out there. She always had a kind word for anyone who approached her, and if you knew her, even just to wave to her at the conventions, or the gigs, you were that much richer.

So when I watched the latest episode last night, I thought of Dee and the myriad of other wonderful people I would never have met if it weren't for this little show about two brothers and their road trip. So thank you, Mr Kripke and Messrs J2. Without you I would not have been blessed to have known Dee because I know my life is that much richer for having had her in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment