Sunday 4 March 2012

FRIENDS... WHO HAS THE BEST? THAT WOULD BE ME!

I know we all think we have the best friends in the world... but I'm sorry to disappoint you all... you don't... I do :)

I spent the evening last night with three of the best friends I've ever had.  The only blight was the fact that we were missing one, but I know she would've been there if she hadn't had to be somewhere else.  That's the beauty of REAL friends isn't it?  It is for me.  Knowing that you can sit down at a table in a restaurant and, even if you haven't seen someone for while, the conversation still flows... there are no awkward silences while you search for something to say and it's as though you saw them the day before... is there anything better?

And is there anything more satisfying than the deep belly laughs only your mates can bring forth?  Knowing you can be as stupid as you like and you're not judged - except possibly by the people at the next table who obviously think you're far too old to be carrying on like a bunch of teenagers.  Although the teenagers across the room don't seem to be having as much fun.

And the joy that can be found in knowing that, even though you're laughing like loons... they don't care if you sit there in silence... as long as you're there.  As long as you're together.  I'm blessed to have friends like that, like the girls I was with last night for my birthday.  And couldn't think of a better way to spend an evening.

Thank you my girlies, Amanda, Michelle, Sam and the absent Zoe, for making it easier to weather the storms and for making my life that much richer and my heart that much fuller.  I love you.

So if you have friends like that... hang onto them... don't let them go... you wouldn't be the same without them.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great night... Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete