Tuesday 20 December 2011

PIRACY!!!



Hmmm... wasn't sure how to tackle this.

I'm fairly new at this and I'm so, so grateful that people are liking what my characters have to say, and the situations they find themselves in.  But I would like to point out - and this does sound a bit altruistic - if I wanted to write for free, I'd have left my livejournal account open.  At the risk of winging on, I just want to say that although writing is my passion, there is something that I love even more....


They're cute... aren't they (especially while they're asleep).  The reason you're looking at them is because, if you share my books on download sites, you're taking money out of my pocket, which I then use to feed, clothe and generally spend on those happy smiling faces.  Which then makes my happy smiling face and sense of achievement, fly out of the window.  Because at the end of the day... THEY are what it's all about... THEY are the reason for everything.

So please don't share my books - if someone wants to read them - let them buy it like the rest of you.  Because the last thing I want to do is stop doing what I love... writing and making THEM smile.

Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. You children are adorable, Lisa, and your logic is sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Eden - they're even more adorable right now - they're both snoring!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Cute kids! I always tell mine it's a good things they're so cute...it's one of the reasons I haven't strangled them yet. I hope a lot of people read this and pass it along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely said, Lisa. Well done. and, your kiddos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete