Tuesday 9 August 2011

Keeping House (Truth or Dare) - Lee Brazil

Apart from some wafflings on Goodreads and Amazon, I've not really done what you would consider a "proper" review before...but I thought I might have a go as I have just finished my first book on my Kindle (I'll fill you in on the new Kindle obsession later)...and also my first purchase on my amazing Kindle...well actually, Jackles is his name...I know, I know, I'll get out more I promises, but first I want to tell you about this amazing book:-


Keeping House is the first book in the Truth or Dare series and I was hooked from the blurb on.

Mischa Blake, the youngest of the Blake family siblings, one of the wealthiest families in Hollywood, is dared by his older brothers to basically get his lazy ass up and get a job and support himself for a whole year.  Obviously there are provisos and his brothers quite happily sit back, knowing that he'll never win the wager.

Donovan Holloway was definitely not expecting Mischa Blake, with his goth garb, piercings and mohawk to apply for the role of housekeeper; so when he answered the door to this vision, he was rather taken aback.

I totally loved every minute of this and I couldn't put it down and it had nothing to do with the fact that I find it difficult to put Jackles down.  I adored Donovan's surprise at finding himself attracted to a man half his age and the fact that it's mutual has his head in a spin.

Mischa totally rocked it.  Refusing to conform to what his brothers' had planned for him, dressing how he wanted, looking how he wanted and loving whoever he wanted.  The way he surprised everyone and himself by throwing himself into the job and surpassing expectations without complaint.  And his affection for Donovan is there in every word.

In short, Lee gave us characters that were sweet and honest and charming and I can't wait to get started on the next one :)

 

2 comments:

  1. *Blushes* THank you so much for your kind words Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great book! I loved both and look forward to the next one! :D

    ReplyDelete